Thursday, July 06, 2006

Taxes forced me out

The following letter to the editor appeared in the Northwest Herald.

Taxes forced me out

To the Editor:

A letter of thanks to the tax hikers of Kane County and District 300.

Thank you, Dundee Township assessor, for hiking my assessment for more than was needed.

Thank you, Village of Algonquin, for not keeping the tax rate lower for homeowners, even with the new developments on Randall Road.

Thank you, District 300, for running such a dirty campaign to engage my kindergartner to try to get a "yes" vote out of her parents. (By the way, I voted no.)

Thank you, Kane County, for making my taxes so high that I put my house up for sale.

Thanks for making me have to explain to my children why we needed to move away from their friends.

Thank you for making me see that moving to Indiana was a good choice and a better education for my children.

Thank you for showing that no matter what, the corrupt, twisted ways of taxes and electioneering in Illinois never will change.

Roger Case
Valparaiso, Ind.

No comments: