Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Don't bully me

Bravo Marla Pfleger! Thank you for having the courage to speak out. Until more parents join people like Marla at speaking out and saying no more money, no more bullying and no more rejecting accountability, we will continue to see just that from the public education system. Bravo Marla! Thank you for setting such a great example for your children.


Don't bully me
[published on Mon, Nov 28, 2005]
To the Editor:

I am a parent with a student in District 15. The other day, he brought home a proposed elimination list if the March referendum fails.

I am appalled that the District 15 school board would actually think I would cave into its blatant ransom demands.

This is what will happen if the referendum fails:

– All children will get out an hour earlier, which means higher child-care costs.

– Eliminating key elements for the elementary and middle school children.

– No sports, after school activities or field trips, and no more recess.

I am disgusted with this school board and feel it is abusing our children.

To see the entire list of cuts our children look forward to, visit the district's Web site at www.d15.org.

I, for one, will not be bullied into voting for the referendum. I would rather move.


Marla Pfleger

McHenry

No comments: